This blog is especially written for those who are looking out for “A complete body care routine – the natural way “, which includes- Skin Care, Hair Care, Dental Care and Health Care in Totality.
All in all, if you include all the things as mentioned below in your daily routine, a complete rejuvenation from the inside to the outside of your body will be taken care of- the right way.
Read On, its worth it.
The practices are simple and practical with huge benefits. I can say this, because I practice these from the past 1 year and believe me “I have fallen in love with myself all over again.
There is this saying- “YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE OF GOD”, SO DON’T YOU THINK YOU SHOULD WORSHIP IT?
Many of us might have heard this saying, but do we actually take care of our body inside- out, the way it should be taken care of ?
NO- The answer is a big “NO” in Bold and Capital letters.
Practically we only tend to take care of those aspects, which come out as a “Problem” for us
- Oh My hair is falling- what to do?
- Gosh constipation is hitting hard- how do I clear my tummy?
- Pimples- How do I get rid of them?
The list will go on and our very own GOOGLE will tell us all.
What I am trying to say here is , why wait for a problem to arise and then find out solutions to cure it? Why not adapt to such a healthy lifestyle and routine that keeps you fit from the inside and makes you look beautiful on the outside.
Who doesn’t like a Skin that glows, the hair that shine, that perfect physique.
Who doesn’t like that Relaxing Sleep, That Perfect Bowel Movement (That clear Stomach), Those mouth-watering Dishes.
Who doesn’t like a body with no problems, A body with no diseases and A body that suffices to all the nutrients without having to swallow those artificial pills, to make up to the deficiencies in your system..
Finally, who doesn’t like to LOOK GOOD and FEEL GOOD at the same time?
Our Great Grandmother’s and Grandmother’s even had the capacity to live a healthy life beyond 100 years- You know the reason why? Of course- It was their Lifestyle.Today some of us do not want to live to such an extent but I am sure whatever life that we would like to live – ALL OF US WOULD LIKE TO LIVE IT ON THE HEALTHIER FRONT.
JITNA BHI JIYE- JIYE THODA SHAAN SE—- RIGHT.
So, right here I am going to give you a Crux of what this whole BLOG (Website) consists of.
There will be tips and recommendations of how you can actually improve your modern style of living with that traditional pinch of our age-old beliefs.If these practices are adapted even today- can make drastic improvements in your body. A little shift here n’ there and you will be good to go. Your body will definitely thank you enough.
Hang on with me because I will be bursting some Myths which will come out as shockers to you. Also I will be telling you to do certain things, which you might be already doing in your daily routine, I’LL JUST TELL YOU TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.
It will be a humble reminder of our age- old beliefs of doing things and the modest reasons behind doing them.
So let’s get started:
here is a step by step guide of what to do – “from the time you get up in the morning to the time you are off to bed”.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- DRINKING WATER FROM A COPPER FILLED JAR
- OIL PULLING “YOUR EVERYDAY DETOX METHOD”
- APPLYING A HOME MADE NATURAL FACE MASK
- EAT CURRY LEAVES
- OIL MASSAGING BEFORE BATH
- COLD WATER BATH IS IDEAL
- MOISTURIZE YOUR FACE AND BODY MAKING IT READY FOR THE DAY
- EATING HEALTHY AND ON TIME
- EATING FOOD COOKED IN NON-TOXIC COOKWARE
- DRINKING LOTS OF WATER
- AVOID STRESS AS FAR AS POSSIBLE
- PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM POLLUTION AND HARMFUL MICRO-ORGANISMS
THE MORNING REGIME for your body care
• DRINKING WATER FROM A COPPER FILLED JAR
The first thing in the morning after getting up – is drinking a glass (or two) of water stale mouth, even before going to the Loo. Keep water filled in a Copper jug beside you preferably on a wooden table at night . Then drink this Copper charged water the first thing in the morning.
It is very important for the morning saliva to go into your system.
Many people drink copper charged water in the morning for weight loss, but not many people know that it helps in cleaning the digestive tract , bringing out glowing skin.Also it is quite effective in curbing Hair fall issues.
AFTER FRESHENING UP AND BRUSHING YOUR TEETH (WITH A HERBAL TOOTHPASTE) , WE FOLLOW THE NEXT STEP.
It’s a very good way for better Blood Circulation in the body. You can opt for doing any form of exercise (even simple running will do) for 20-25 mins regularly.
For a healthier skin and body, exercising at-least for 20 mins daily is a must for your routine.
Even Walking or Running are very good forms of exercise and suffice the purpose. If you ask me- what do i do as a regular workout- Then here it is- I live on the 15th floor of my building and I climb all the way up and down three times. It takes Approx half an hour to 45 mins- and its a great way for me to check out on my weight,
AFTER THE WORK OUT WE GO TO THE NEXT STEP.
• OIL PULLING “YOUR EVERYDAY DETOX METHOD”
It is an ancient Indian technique which is a way to pull out toxins not only present in the mouth but also other parts of the body.
How do you do it
- Every morning take a spoonful (one spoon) of oil in your mouth
- Swish it inside the mouth for around 10-15 mins.
- Make sure you cover every part of your mouth.
- Spit the oil out- in the dustbin or the Pot. ( Don’t do it the Basin as it may clog it up)
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly.
How does it work- When we swish oil in the mouth, it creates an Osmotic pressure and since oil has properties that attract dirt and micro-organisms towards itself, all the toxins are released out of the mouth along with the spitting of oil.
Try this Out , it has some really great benefits that will work wonders for not only your complete Oral Care but also for detoxifying and purifying your complete body.
You can use Sesame Oil, Coconut Oil or Mustard Oil for Oil Pulling.
SINCE OIL PULLING TAKES AROUND 10-15 MINS OF MY TIME I GENERALLY APPLY ANY OF THE TWO FOLLOWING FACE MASKS, PARALLEL WITH OIL PULLING.
• APPLYING A HOME MADE NATURAL FACE MASK
You can apply any of the two face masks 2 to 3 times a week. Not necessarily every day,
How to Use:
- Multani Mitti- It is also known as Fuller’s Earth. It has been used to get rid of skin issues and achieve radiant, blemish-free skin since ages in India.
- Take a small piece of Multani Mitti in a bowl (Buy as authentic and good quality Multani Mitti for effective results)
- Put a little water
- Let it soften a bit to form a paste.
- Apply evenly onto the face
- Let it dry for around 15 mins
- Wash using Running Tap Water
- A home-made Face Mask with basic Ingredients- This is the face mask I very often use to clear my skin on a daily basis.
- Take 1 teaspoon Besan (Gram Flour)
- ¼ teaspoon Haldi (Turmeric)
- 1 tablespoon Raw milk
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Half a lemon
Mix all the ingredients together and apply on your face, Let it dry. It takes approx. 10 mins to dry. Finally wash off.
The above face masks work great to clean, exfoliate and nourish your skin. It has effective elements that absorb oil, dirt, sweat and impurities leaving the skin clean, soft and supple.
NOW, YOU ARE READY TAKE YOUR BATH, JUST BEFORE THAT WE DO THE NEXT 2 THINGS – IT JUST TAKES 5 MINS
• EAT CURRY LEAVES
Before taking a bath:
- Take 3-5 curry leaves in your mouth.
- Chew it- By chewing it I do not mean, that you chew it 2-3 times and gulp it. NO. By chewing I mean you keep chewing it for 3-5 mins until it forms a paste/liquid in your mouth.
- This helps in extracting juices out of the curry leaf, leading to maximum benefits.
- Do not eat anything for at least 20-30 mins after it. Give Curry leaves the time it needs to work within your system.
Curry leaves are a rich source of Beta carotene, Amino Acids and Anti-oxidants which not only provide strength to hair follicles its consumption is a direct link to healthy digestion
• OIL MASSAGING BEFORE THE BATH
In our busy lifestyle of today, it is not very practical to do it every day, but once a week, it definitely can be practiced.
As for me, I do it every day and believe me it is not that difficult as it looks. Only 2-3 mins of your time is sufficient enough to reap its benefits.
Personally, my favorite is Mustard Oil for Massaging your body before the bath.
How to do it:
- Take Mustard Oil in your palms, rub it and then spread the oil all over your body.
- The correct way of movement of your hands is towards your heart- Like if massaging the shoulders, move your hands downwards and while massaging your legs move your hands upwards- towards your heart.
- As simple as that.
Oil attracts toxins and Micro- Organisms from the surface of the body and easily removes them.
Mustard Oil works great for me, but you can also use Sesame oil, Coconut Oil or any other Cold pressed oil for the Massage.
• COLD WATER BATH IS IDEAL
Never Use hot water for bathing.
As per Ayurveda, a healthy person should always bathe with Cold Water- and with cold water I mean Running Tap Water
Hot Water , instead of making you feel fresh and energetic, makes your body lethargic.
Pouring Hot water on head , is seriously damaging to your hair, head and eyes. Doing this you are bound to face excessive hair fall, and even serious health ailments like weak vision, brain disorders etc.
Hence, even if you tend to use warm water ( NOT HOT WATER )on your body, it is a strict NO the head and face.
So, try to switch to Cold Water Bathing as it is the best way to energize your body.
• MOISTURIZE YOUR FACE & BODY MAKING IT READY FOR THE DAY
For the Face
Use Kumkumadi Tailam- It is a Miraculous Elixir, made from red gold saffron and 25 other herbs. It is an ancient ayurvedic recipe formulated for the skin on the face and passed over generations in India as a beauty secret. How do you use it:
- Take 2-3 drops of Kumkumadi Tailam on your palms and Rub it
- Very gently massage the same on your Face
It not only improves texture of your skin but also removes dark spots black heads and acts as a natural sunscreen. So if you are facing any skin issues, give your cosmetic products a break and use Kumkumadi Tailam.
For the Body
If you had massaged your body with Oil before bathing then moisturizing your body is not necessary but yes, if you had not , then don’t forget to moisturize your skin with a herbal body moisturizer.
THIS COMPLETES YOUR MORNING ROUTINE AND YOU ARE READY FOR THE DAY. IT MAY TAKE AROUND 30-35 MINS OF YOUR TIME BUT DON’T YOU THINK YOUR BODY ( INSIDE-OUT) DESERVES AT LEAST THIS MUCH TIME FOR ITS BETTERMENT.
SPENDING THE DAY- body care the right way
• EATING HEALTHY AND ON TIME
A proper Nutrition rich diet is what we are looking out for the day or you can say the entire life.
One of the major reason behind people facing skin/hair/health issues is because of poor nutrition in the diet.
Actually, the whole system of your body needs nutrients to keep working fine. So if there is a lack of nutrient intake, somewhere the compromise is made by the body and thus we tend to face problems.
So how do we eat healthy and feel full at the same time?
Comprise your diet with all 6 tastes.
A meal plan is perfect and satisfying only when it offers all the 6 tastes to your tongue, namely:
I remember my childhood meals, wherein my Mom made sure :
For Breakfast- It was Dalia, Poha, Sandwiches, Eggs, Chana Chaat, Sprouted Moong Chaat, Stuffed Parathas etc, followed by a Drink or a Shake,
For Lunch- My thali had a combination of Dal, Chawal, Roti, Sabzi, Chutney, Papad, Achar and a sweet dish, followed by a glass of Chaas (Butter Milk).
For Dinner- It was simple Roti and Sabzi (preferably Green Veggies like- Bottleguard, Sponge guard or Ridge guard) followed by Hot milk before going to bed.
Now I realize, along with love it was proper health that was being taken care of.
Someone has very strongly summarized- Eat breakfast like a King, Have lunch like a Soldier and Eat Dinner like a Beggar. This slogan has been framed keeping in mind “the Digestive System of your body”. Make full use of it.
Include all the Nutrient rich foods in your diet
All the Nutrients are important for the body , so that there is no scarcity in it’s intake and your body happily takes care of every part of your body just fine.
Nutrients are a combination of –
- Proteins – Foods like Kidney Beans, Chick Peas, Lentils, Black Chana, Paneer, Chicken are rich in protein
- Healthy Fats* – Foods like Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts, Walnuts, Flaxseeds have healthy fats included.
- Vitamin B- Foods like Brown Rice, Millets, Eggs, broccoli, Citrus Fruits are Vitamin-B rich foods.
- Vitamin C* – Foods like Amla (Indian Gooseberry), Lemon, Oranges, Capsicum are good sources of Vitamin C.
- Iron – Foods like Cauliflower, Cabbage and Green Leafy vegetables are good sources of Iron.
*Healthy Fats include Fat Soluble Vitamins like A,D,E and K – So if you remove fat from your diet , these Vitamins automatically get excluded. Therefore, make sure to include healthy fat in your diet.
*Vitamin C helps absorb Iron in the body. So the intake of both is important ,even if you want to reap the benefits of one.
Try eating well balanced nutrition filled home-cooked meals- After all “MAA KE HATH KA KHANA”, Can anybody beat that – No, not in this part of our world at least.
Having one chapati less will not be that harmful to the body than having that one chapati extra. Moreover, its only after 10 mins that your stomach tells you that if is full, so be cautious.
Make sure the meals are on time- All the meals of the day, i.e breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, should be on the same time every day.
Avoid eating packaged foods- These preservative laden foods adversely affect the skin, hair and overall health. You don’t realize but they take away a lot from your body making the skin and hair look dull and lifeless. Moreover, your internal system cannot take a lot of it.
So, even if you like eating junk and packaged foods, make it limited. Obviously, you will not be able to stop the cravings of your taste- buds but yes having it controlled is definitely a good option.
• EATING FOOD COOKED IN NON-TOXIC COOKWARE
Many of us do realize the importance of healthy eating but do we realize that the Cookware which we use is equally important?
I have written a complete blog on the “THE SAFEST COOKWARE TO USE”. Please check it out. “HERE”
The main reason for doing such an in depth research on the same was because even though we pick our food wisely to reap their maximum benefits and nutrient factor, we tend to loose out on every bit of it , because of the cookware used.
Unknowingly, rather than gaining we are loosing out on our health.
For me here are the bifurcations:
The Worst (TOXIC) Cookware–
- NON STICK PANS
- ALUMINIUM VESSELS
- THE PRESSURE COOKER
The Good Cookware-
- STEEL COOKWARE
- CERAMIC COOKWARE
i.e. if you happen to find 100% Steel and 100% Ceramic.
The Better Cookware-
- CAST IRON COOKWARE
- BRONZE COOKWARE
- BRASS COOKWARE
- GLASS COOKWARE (For Microwave)
The best cookware–
- EARTHEN COOKWARE (CLAY POTS/POT VESSELS)
So , if you want to gain 100% nutrients of the food intake, make sure your meals are cooked in ”NON TOXIC COOKWARES”.
Ever tried cooking in an earthen cookware? If not, try it out- The Taste it has will never be forgotten by your taste buds and along with the nutrient intake of the food, you will gain additional benefits.
Since clay is made of earth, its composition sums up to exactly what a human body requires. It can be called the power house of Nutrients-comprising Manganese, Sulphur, Magnesium, Iron, Phosphorous and many other such minerals in their exact quantities.
So when this composition leaches into your food while cooking, then what you gain from the meal cooked in that vessel is just- HEALTH AT ITS BEST”.
CHECK OUT THE DETAILED “GUIDE TO THE BEST COOKWARE – HERE”
• DRINKING LOTS OF WATER-
You might have heard a lot of lovely ladies out there revealing the secret of their healthy skin to be “Drinking lots of water”. Yes, that is indeed one of the major secrets behind a healthy skin.
You should drink at least 2-3 litres of water. After a few days you will yourself witness the difference in your skin. A glass like shine appears on your face, declaring the healthier you.
If you don’t believe me , try it for yourself.
A PRO TIP- Drink water stored in a Clay Pot. It has its amazing Benefits- Check out the benefits– “HERE”
• AVOID STRESS AS FAR AS POSSIBLE -
Stress, Anger and Anxiety has become a part of our daily life and this affects our body from within to a very great extent. It causes a chemical response in the body that leads to Skin/Hair and Health Issues.
Stay away from the reasons for stress like :
- Excessive use of Social Media
- Work Load
- Pressure to excel in exams
- Emotional turmoil
- Thinking too much
- Negativity all around
- Give yourself that much needed break
- Enjoy the nature
- Spend some lone time with your self
- Do things that you love doing
Just be yourself and keep negative people at bay. Try to live stress free.
• PROTECTING YOURSELF FROM POLLUTION AND HARMFUL MICRO-ORGANISMS
Take care of small thing like:
- Avoid using any toxic products on your face and Hair– Always check the ingredient list before buying and product before use.
Whatever you buy, see to it that the product is free from “HARSH ALCOHOLS”, “MINERAL OILS “, “PARABENZ”, “SKIN IRRITANTS”, “SKIN PENETRATORS” or any other harmful chemical for that matter.
- Protect and cover your face and from pollution and the sun- While Travelling, make it a point to cover your face and hair , so that the dust and other harmful pollutants do not harm your skin or enter your internal system.
- Avoid touching your face/hair frequently during the day- Your hands come in contact with a lot of things , and then with the same hand when we touch our face and hair- then the whole cleansing procedure that we do in the morning goes in for a toss. Hence do avoid it.
After spending the day well, when you return home you are all tired and worked up. The only thing you want to is relax for some time, eat and hit the bed.
But your skin still needs some more of your time , so don’t be lazy, and go for it, as this part of your regime is as necessary as a good night’s sleep.
THE NIGHT REGIME for your body care
• CLEANING OF THE SKIN
“There is this routine called the CTM ( Cleansing, Toning, Moisturizing) method “.
- First clean your skin with a milk based Herbal Cleanser.
- Then Tone your skin to remove any excess oil and micro-organisms from your face, using a skin toner.
- Finally, Moisturize your skin, with a Night Cream.
I personally use Kumkumadi Tailam as a night cream , and I have been using this from years. This works great for me, However, you can use any herbal moisturizer.
You can also make a Night cream at home as well:
- 1 portion of glycerin
- 1 portion of lemon
- 1 portion of rose-water
Take all the three ingredients in equal proportions and mix well. Apply the mixture with a cotton ball gently and evenly all over the face. You can store it in a container and use this for at least 1 week.
• TAKING A LIGHT MEAL AT NIGHT
As far as possible , make it a simple Roti and Sabzi (preferably Green Veggies like- Bottle guard, Sponge guard or Ridge guard) or a Soup for Dinner. The Lighter, the better.
Also, try having dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed. However, the ideal time to have dinner is before 7:00 pm.
• BRUSHING YOUR TEETH- RATHER I SUGGEST “START USING A DANT MANJAN AT NIGHT"
A Hebal Dant Manjan is made completely using traditional herbs that are a blessing to your teeth.
How do you use it?
- Take some Dant Manjan on the palm of your left hand.
- Pour 2-3 drops oil (sesame/mustard) on it
- Mix it with the first finger of your right hand
- Slowly massage your teeth and gums with the first finger of your right hand.
- When you are done, wash your mouth.
What are its Benefits?
Actually the gums in your mouth are connected to the intestines through a network of veins. Hence:
- The massaging of the teeth gives healthier and whiter teeth
- The massaging of the gums increases the blood circulation and produces more enzymes, that help to improve the digestive system.
So, try cleaning your teeth with a Herbal Dant Manjan at night before sleeping. You will notice that your digestion has increased with a much better Oral health .
There should be a gap of at least half an hour between your meal and brushing your teeth.
Dant Manjans that I recommend- Dabur Lal Dant Manjan/ Dant Manjan from Vicco.
• OILING OF THE HAIR
If you want to wash your hair the next morning, make sure you oil your hair the night before.
Oiling of hair has not 1 but many positive effects on our hair, the only condition being that we should know how to do it the right way.
How do you do it?
-Take oil in a bowl and warm it up.
-Gently massage the oil in circular motions on your hair.
Which Oil to use?
If by any chance you are using a “Perfumed Hair Oil”, for massaging your hair , then rather than doing good to your hair, it will relatively “Harm” them.Hence use a Hair Oil which is 100% natural in nature, which means it consists none of these:
No mineral Oil/ No perfumes/ No BHT/ No TBHQ Or any other chemical for that matter.
Best Oils to Use are Mustard Oil, Coconut Oil or Almond oil in their pure form, without any mixed/added ingredients
•FINALLY, GOOD NIGHT AND SLEEP TIGHT
Never Sleep on your Stomach. ALWAYS SLEEP ON YOUR BACK AND THINK OF THE POSITIVES OF THE DAY.
A sound sleep ensures a fresher tomorrow that has hopes, dreams and so much achieve.
A healthier you, will bring along a lot of smiles on the faces of people who matter to you.
A healthier you will have more scope to achieve the impossible in your life.
A healthier you will make a combination of Confidence and Exquisiteness that is personified.
A healthier You will definitely be a “BETTER YOU”.
So do things and do it the right way. TAKE CARE.